الجمعة 22 نوفمبر 2019 م, الموافق لـ 24 ربيع الأول 1441 هـ آخر تحديث 22:57
الشروق العامة الشروق نيوز الشروق +
إذاعة الشروق

A new in-depth study conducted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) revealed that the brotherly countries of Tunisia and Morocco are superior to Algeria in terms of the quality of teaching of mathematics and natural sciences, notably through the use of the Internet in education and also on account of a lower budget.

The same study recently released by UNESCO on the teaching of mathematics and natural sciences globally pointed out that Algeria ranks 92nd worldwide in terms of the quality of teaching of mathematics and science with a huge budget estimated at $ 6 billion dollars, after Morocco, which ranked 80th with a budget of 4.7 billion dollars.

For its part, Tunisia has managed to achieve satisfactory results in the rankings by snatching rank 44th with a budget not exceeding 2 billion dollars.

In the same study, UNESCO ranked Algeria 114th in the world in terms of its use of the Internet in education, and 114th in terms of the quality of education, to be surpassed by Tunisia by 106th in terms of its use of the Internet in education and 78th in terms of quality.

Regarding Education in the world, in contrast, Morocco ranked 111th in terms of access to the Internet and also ranked 104th in terms of the quality of education.

On the subject, the national secretary in charge of organization at the National Union of Education Workers, Mr. Kouider Yahiaoui, explained that the unsatisfactory results achieved by Algeria in terms of the quality of education and the quality of teaching of mathematics and science in the rankings, have nothing to do with the budget allocated as much as it is directly related to the nature of the relevant curricula and teaching methods.

“90% of the total budget allocated to the education sector in our country goes to the wages of its 700,000 national employees, while the remaining 10% is directed to general management”, he said.
He added that despite the educational reforms initiated by the public authorities in 2003, the subject of mathematics is still being taught in classical and ancient ways, which is considered a prejudice against it, especially at a time when scientific laboratories located at the high school of teachers in the Kouba district (Algiers) are marginalized.

“Algeria is being sidelined, without relying on its scientific research and without giving priority to its opinions on how to teach this subject which is still “projected” and “terrifying” to most students, in addition to the lack of coordination between the ministries of education, higher education and scientific research”, he finally underlined.

In related

600

0 تعليق
  • الأحدث
  • الأقدم

لا يوجد أي تعليق, كن أول من يعلق!

close
close