• Interpol issued a global alert to several countries, including Algeria, calling on them to gear up to confront shadowy networks marketing fake anti Corona virus vaccines.
• The International Criminal Police Organization’s bulletin, Orange, presented possible criminal activity against COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, their theft and promotion outside the legal framework.
• “Interpol” revealed examples of crimes in which individuals promoted, sold and used fake vaccines in vaccination operations.
• The International Criminal Police Organization stressed the need for coordination between the security services and the health regulatory authorities, in playing a crucial role in ensuring the safety of individuals.
• For his part, Interpol Secretary-General Juergen Stock said that the Corona vaccine has become a target of criminal organizations.
“As governments prepare to put vaccines on the market, criminal organizations plan to infiltrate and disrupt supply chains,” he said.
• He emphasized: “Crime networks also target members of the general public, through fake websites and fake treatments, which puts their lives at risk.
• He stressed: The security services must be ready to confront all kinds of criminal activities related to the Covid-19 vaccine, and this is what prompted Interpol to issue this global alert.