Parties Within Administration Obstruct President’s Instructions In Investment File
The President of the Algerian Confederation of National Employers, Sami Agli, revealed that the highest hierarchy in power, represented by the President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune, has taken strict measures, since his election on December 12, 2020, to organize and facilitate investment, and he gave clear orders to “kill” the bureaucracy, put an end to it, and stop it as it hindered investors’ Files.
• But the problem that economic dealers face today – according to Mr Agli, – is “failure to implement orders issued by the highest hierarchy of the state,” adding, “We must search for those who violate the orders of the President”.
• Sami Agli said in a statement to Echorouk that the employers had previously met President Abdelmadjid Tebboune, and the latter gave a positive speech that greatly contributed to the restoration of trust between businessmen and the highest authorities in the country. Investment plans were also agreed upon, while granting Priority for national economic operators.
• Mr. Agli added, “We hail the President’s last exit – that is, during his meeting the day before yesterday with the national press -, stressing that the President’s statements were expected and carried a very positive message for economic dealers, as he was the first to speak of bureaucracy as the biggest hurdle threatening economic development.
“The country has the most dangerous types of bureaucracy, “and the lack of legal stability during the past years has contributed to the intimidation of economic dealers”, he noted.
• According to the head of the Algerian Confederation of National Employers, many economic dealers were subject to confusion and controversy after witnessing a change of investment laws for several times, and the circulation of sensitive files such as industrial real estate at the level of several bodies and departments, where the file is referred once to the governorship and once again withdrawn from it, which makes Investors very confused about who controls the distribution of industrial real estate and what are the conditions for benefiting from it, stressing that such matters cause utter resentment.
• Mr. Agli considered that officials before did not give such positive messages to investors, but today, “we sought goodwill, a strong will for change and a transparent view of the economy by President Abdelmadjid Tebboune,” stressing that “the path of change can be tainted by bureaucracy at any stage, thereby a remedial action is greatly needed”.
• Mr. Agli further stressed that businessmen today are ready to work and invest in the advancement of the national economy, stating, “We as employers bear a part of the responsibility in the future of Algeria and we will strive to enhance the national economy and implement the tenor of the new economic model.”
“As a basic partner, these proposals, he said, include solutions to get out of the crisis, such as reducing the administrative burden to enable the creation of wealth, canceling administrative licenses, changing the tax and banking system, and granting facilities in securing loans”.
• Mr. Sami Agli also confirmed that the employers’ organizations, met with the Minister of Finance, Ayman Benabderahmane, a week ago, with whom they discussed how to implement all these salutary proposals, stressing, “Time is the ally or the enemy, which will determine how to implement the economic recovery plan, and eliminate hurdles within the various departments”.