Reads (1386) Comments (0)
Rwanda vs Algeria: Algeria Squad Start Preparations for World Cup Qualifier
AG /// MED.B.
2012/05/13 (Last modification: 2012/05/13 à 18:21)
The Algerian national football team is set to start preparations for the African Cup of Nations, CAF South Africa 2013 and Brazil World 2014 qualifiers on Saturday in Paris, France.
- Algeria hosts Rwanda in the first leg of the first round of the 2014 Brazil World Cup qualifiers on June 2nd 2012.
- The Greens' preparations in France will be conducted by head coach Vahid Halilhodzic. The training camp in France will be in its first phase until May 19 before heading to Algiers until the third and final game in June.
- The Greens of Algeria will play against Niger in a friendly match on May 26 and afterwards Halilhodzic will select his final line-up to face Rwanda.
- Rwanda head coach Amavubi for his part will kickstart preparations on May 14 and a few days later may head to Tunisia for two friendly matches aimed at fine tuning the Rwanda team ahead of the tight June schedule. They will play against Libya on May 23 and Tunisia three days later.
- Meanwhile, the Algeria football federation (FAF) has requested FIFA to change the venue of the Mali-Algeria 2014 World Cup qualifying match scheduled for June 9 in Bamako.
- The FAF said it wanted the Mali-Algeria qualifier to be held at a neutral venue outside the troubled West African nation, where renewed violence blocked Egypt's Al Ahly and Nigerian side Sunshine Stars for almost a week there at the end of the CAF Champions League round of eight first-leg.